23 November 2021, 14:00–17:00 h CET, online via zoom
Carbon is the main component of hundreds of materials used in industrial processes and in our daily lives. To meet the increasing demand for these products in a sustainable way, various types of renewable carbon can be used, including CO2. Industrial biotechnology has a high potential to tackle harmful CO2 emissions and convert CO2 into value-added products, but there are still some technical and economic barriers to address.
This free webinar will bring you up to speed on innovative bioprocesses that were studied and assessed for CO2 capture and conversion in the EU-funded BioRECO2VER project. The project presentations will be complemented with industrial and policy perspectives through contributions of 3 external guest speakers from nova-Institute, Electrochaea and CO2 Value Europe.
Please find the final agenda here.
- 14:00 h: Introduction to the workshop and BioRECO2VER project (Heleen De Wever, VITO)
- 14:10 h: Current market situation: CO2 as chemical feedstock for polymers (Pauline Ruiz, nova-Institute)
- 14:25 h: CO2 capture by hybrid chemo-enzymatic process (Io Antonopoulou, Luleå University of Technology)
- 14:40 h: New microbial platforms for CO2 conversion (Giuliana d’Ippolito, National Research Council of Italy)
- 15:05 h: Bio-electrochemistry for CO2 conversion (Sebastià Puig, University of Girona)
- 15:20 h: Gas fermentation for CO2 conversion (Heleen De Wever, VITO - Jean-Luc Dubois, Arkema)
- 15:35 h: Break
- 15:45 h: Process and metabolic modelling and Multidisciplinary Design Optimization (María López, IDENER Scientific Computing)
- 16:00 h: LCA and social acceptance of CO2-based products (Christopher vom Berg, nova-Institute)
- 16:15 h: Biological Methanation: An industrial-scale application for energy storage, CO2 reuse and renewable fuel (Jose Rodrigo Quejigo, Electrochaea)
- 16:30 h: Carbon Capture and Utilization and the EU policy context (Anastasios Perimenis, CO2 Value Europe)
- 16:45 h: Q&A
- 17:00 h: End of workshop
You can register for the free webinar here: www.us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_lyMYBwKwRRKthJBvgGi9EQ